10 inspirational quotes from a guy named “Guy”.
He’s the Hawaiian born author, speaker, investor and business advisor that led Apple’s charge against IBM back in the 80’s. Amongst other ventures, he’s the founder of the news aggregation site Alltop.com with over 1.4 million Twitter followers & over 241 thousand likes on Facebook. It comes as a shock to realize that a busy man such as Guy Kawasaki is able to find the time to fit in around 75 lectures per year.
I have to admit, when I first came in touch with Mr. Kawasaki’s posts on Twitter I thought it was just a bunch of crap being thrown out in massive quantities. No disrespect intended, it just happened to be the first social media platform I connected with him on. It wasn’t until I read into who he is and what he’s done that I developed a profound respect for not only his accomplishments, but also for his way of thinking.
Now that we’re off and running with our own blog at eMarketeer, I see first hand how easy it is to allow pressure to paralyze you when it comes to content creation; it’s no wonder so many businesses keep finding excuses to remain stuck in their ways.
For most businesses, the thought of really diving into an inbound approach can be downright intimidating. It’s one thing to stick to your newsletter or paid ads, but it’s another thing completely to take on the challenge of producing content in your business’ name or your own name to toss onto the net.
There are countless articles on why adopting an inbound approach is essential for any business competing in today’s market, but what you don’t come across too often are articles that give you the assurance you need to get started.
Below are 10 quotes from Guy Kawasaki that are sure to have you inbound marketing with outbound fervor:
1. “Don’t worry, be crappy. Revolutionary means you ship and then test… Lots of things made the first Mac in 1984 a piece of crap – but it was a revolutionary piece of crap.” – (Click to Tweet)
2. “Simple and to the point is always the best way to get your point across.” – (Click to Tweet)
3. “What I lack in talent, I compensate with my willingness to grind it out. That’s the secret of my life.” – (Click to Tweet)
4. “A 50-year-old company can innovate as well as two guys/gals in a garage.” – (Click to Tweet)
5. “Great companies start because the founders want to change the world… not make a fast buck. “ – (Click to Tweet)
6. “If you have more money than brains you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing”. – (Click to Tweet)
7. “If you don’t toot your own horn, don’t complain that there’s no music.” – (Click to Tweet)
8. “The goal is likability, not superiority.” – (Click to Tweet)
9. “Don’t be discouraged by the size of your network – inspire one person and you are doing good.” – (Click to Tweet)
10. “The biggest titles don’t always have the biggest brains. Instead, go after key influencers.” – (Click to Tweet)
The following is a bonus I’m throwing in just because it’s one of my favorites. Whenever the word SEO is mentioned most of us (either out loud or in our heads) say, “well I’m no SEO wizard” or something to that effect.Guy Kawasaki’s approach helps to clear it all up when talk of links, html and the rest become too much to care for.
In an article from business insider he says,
“My recommendation for SEO is very simple. It’s Write Good Stuff. In my mind, Google is in the business of finding good stuff. It has thousands of the smartest people in the world, spending billions of dollars to find the good stuff. All you have to do is write the good stuff; you don’t need to trick it. Let Google do its job and you do your job.”
The undeniable truth is that the B2B & B2C buyer journey has changed. The traditional marketing tactics we’ve all grown up with are not only more expensive when compared to inbound marketing tactics, but less effective. If you can muster the courage to take action and shift gears then you can be sure to notice the following: Decreasing costs per lead, shorter sales cycles, increased lead generation & higher quality leads landing in your lap.
Check out our webinars to see first hand how eMarketeer is helping businesses make this shift. Better yet, request a free demo with one of our eMarketeer Specialists who will give you a personal tour of the platform, helping you to see just how easy it is to get started.
As always, thank you for reading and if you have any great quotes that inspire you I encourage you to share them below.